Sunday, February 20, 2011

Almond halwa

I got an idea of making almond halva/ barfi after I saw a stock of almonds in my fridge. And then I read this and I was so tempted!

Ingredients-
1 cup almond meal
1/4 cup sugar (can increase upto 1 cup)
1 cup milk
1/2 cup water
3 tsps / more ghee

Directions-
 Make a paste of the almond meal, sugar, water and milk. Keep it aside for 20-30 minutes. Heat a kadhai and add the almond paste to it. Keep stirring so that it does not stick to the bottom. Add spoonfuls of ghee at regular intervals. Keep stirring, and you will see the paste leaving the sides.
You can add cardomom powder if you so wish, I don't like it too much. Turn off the gas and let it cool.

This can be spread out on aplate and cut into burfis if kept int he fridge for sometime. Else can be had with spoons or made into laddoos (shaped round)

I made this in the micro and it was ready in ten mins.  I followed the same process, and instead of doing it on the gas, I put the paste in a microsafe dish and put it on 75% power for 12 mins, stirring every 2-3 mins and adding ghee in spoonfuls.

We finished quite a bit immediately, without even letting it cool! But whatever bit of it was left, tasted better after 3 days or so of keeping in the fridge!!Chandan, if you are reading this, I finished it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment