Thursday, February 3, 2011

Custard powder cookies

I tumbled on this recipe quite a few days back and was itching to try. But I got busy with baking with leftover fresh fruits. The original  recipe is here- Food Fun and Farm Life
I changed quite a few things in the recipe, this is what I did-

Ingredients-
300 gms whole wheat flour (I used Navadarshanam aata again, the results are very good always!)
100 gms custard powder
100 gms refined oil
2 large tbsp fresh cream (malai)
1 tsp baking powder
150 gms butterscotch ice cream (i had this from sometime and wanted to use it up, you can use milk)
100 gms honey or sugar
tutty fruity

Method-
Mix together the flour, custard powder, baking powder. Sifting makes for easy mixing. To this, add oil, cream, milk, honey. Mix well with hand. It is a relatively thick mix. Spread it with hands on a greased baking dish and pat to level it. I couldn't do this cos Yashi was crying aloud by this time! As suggested in the original recipe, you can also shape as cookies and bake. Will try next time.

Microwave for 8 mins (it is done by this time) and bake for 10 mins at 180 degs. The baking helps in browning and makes cookies crispier.Mine browned more than I wanted to because I was tending to Yashi.

Once cool, slice immediately else they will harden up. We finished half already!

posted from Bloggeroid

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you tried this recipe and adapted it - looks/sounds wonderful & I will have to try it your way sometime :)
    Warm African greetings ....
    Lynda, 'Food, Fun & Farm Life In East Africa'

    ReplyDelete