Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ebony and Ivory- Bitter chocolate American Walnut Brownies!

Our nephew and niece love anything that has chocolate and anything that has icecream! Who doesn't! My younger bro, who is not a kid anymore, was here last week and he wanted me to bake brownies.
This is my entry to the Kid's delight Restaurant recipe. Check the event details here.

I made Walnut brownies. I always follow the recipe from a the Savvy Cookbook March 2007 issue. This time I altered it a bit. My version-

Ingredients-
190 gm butter
1 egg
310 gms sugar powdered
190 gm flour (I used 150 gms AP flour, and the rest wheat flour)
30 gm cocoa
280 gm bitter chocolate
7 gm baking powder
100 gm walnuts chopped

Directions-
Melt the chocolate in a bowl on top of hot water (This is something I didnt do this time, which gave the brownie a bitter and burnt taste)
Beat butter and sugar, add the egg (The original recipe calls for 3 eggs).  Mix the chocolate and the walnuts. Sieve the dry ingredients together. Fold this into the batter. Pour and scrape this mix into the glass dish and bake at 180 deg for 30 mins. Cool, cut and store. Using the wheat flour makes it firmer than using AP flour. When serving, heat a bit in the micro and serve with vanilla icecream.


2 comments:

  1. Richa,
    Here is the link to it.
    http://versatilekitchen.blogspot.com/2010/03/bake-off-event-announcement.html

    ReplyDelete