Friday, February 25, 2011

Pudina Brown Rice

We love pudina rice :) Niket enjoys it. I have this recipe from my friend and colleague, Lakshmi. I followed my old recipe, I just used brown rice instead of white.

Ingredients-
2 cups brown / white rice- cooked
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1 Chopped onion
1/2 cup fresh pudina =mint (ground or cut, I used cut leaves)
2 Chopped Tomatoes and green chillies as per taste
Salt, haldi, oil or ghee

Directions

Heat oil and add mustard seeds, wait till they splutter.
Fry the chopped onions till golden. Add green chillies and tomatoes and cook till raw smell of tomatoes disappears. Add haldi and salt and cook for a minute. Add pudina / pudina (mint)  paste and cook for another minute. Don't overcook or the flavor of fresh mint will disappear. Add cooked rice and mix well. Add a teaspoon of ghee for flavor. Serve hot. 

3 comments:

  1. This recipe looks so good! I have been trying out new rice recipes all the time. Thinking this is the next one on the list.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Krithi.. lemme see if i can participate in ur event too!

    ReplyDelete