Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Banana Cake

I made this quite a few days back. Rahul Kakkar is in Bangalore and I wanted to bake something for him. I haven't met him after he has come back from Bbay but I met Kumar some days back when I was taking Yashi for a walk.

I am a frequent visitor of Nags' blog and have bookmarked quite a few recipes from there. I wanted to try the banana cake since I had a few over ripe bananas that become too soft and mushy for eating.

I followed the same recipe, except a few changes-




Ingredients-
1 cup/ 160 gms whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup mashed banana (I used 3 medium sized ones)
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup oil
50ml sour cream (or buttermilk, I used sour cream because the recipe says using sour cream makes the cake moist and softer)
1 tsp vanilla extract (I omitted this cos mine was over!)


Directions-

Sift the flour, baking powder and salt and soda, keep aside. Now use a food processor or mix by hand-
 Banana, Sugar, egg and butter. Add the sour cream/ buttermilk and the essence, mix again and then add the flour mixture. Fold and combine well.  Do not overmix!
Bake at 180 deg for 35 mins or till the cake is done- check for doneness with a toothpick.
I did not do the frosting part, you can check it up here. Also check the pics and the step-by-step recipe process with pics. The cake looks awesome! Mine isn't as good to look at but it was delectable nevertheless. 

I sent some over to office for Rahul and friends, and they loved it!

2 comments: