Saturday, March 5, 2011

Movie marathon with Yashi

We watched two movies back to back. No one killed jessica and amir. Both thrillers and both good in their own ways. Raj Kumar Gupta has directed both these movies. Amir was definitely better than NOKJ.

I liked NOKJ for the powerhouse performances by Rani, the cop (I don't know his name, I think he is also there in Khosla ka Ghosla), Vidya Balan. The girl who plays Jessica, Myra looks lovely too. I am not sure, but is Rani's role inspired a bit by Barkha Dutt who covered the Kargill war? (Also reminds me of Preity Zinta's role in Lakshya) The latter part of the film could have been more pacey. It is quite close to the original case. I loved the songs, Dilli and Aali re.. I also liked Rani's uptown and fashionable clothes :) The candle lit vigil at the India Gate gives us hope, that whatever may happen, power truly lies in the hands of the common man, and not corrupt politicians.

Amir is more thrill-y than NOKJ. It keeps you on the edge of your seat. The main actor is Rajeev Khandelwal and all the other sideys look like real people! It is rumored that the movie was shot using hidden cameras to capture the people on the streets. The movie is centered around the subject of terrorism and has been handled brilliantly. I love the theme music, and the song chakkar ghumyo. In short, Not to be missed!




posted from Bloggeroid

1 comment:

  1. Hi Buchi
    I checked out your blog. You are doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete