Friday, April 1, 2011

Banana Kheer

I had this idea in mind after I designed a menu for Design a Menu. Check oats-spinach soup here.
I had a few overripe bananas cos Yashi didn't like them. And I decided to try my Mum's recipe.

Ingredients-
1 cup overripe bananas mashed finely
1/2 litre milk
1 tbsp whole wheat flour
1 tbsp ghee
handful of dry fruits of your choice (I used chironji, raisins and cashews)

Directions-

Heat ghee. Add flour and dry fruits and fry till they turn brown. Add bananas and fry some more. Heat milk and add this mix to milk. Keep stirring, you will see the mixture thickening. Take off from stove. If it thickens more for your taste, add some milk before serving.

Serve warm or cold.

1 comment:

  1. A different recipe, looks delicious!!

    valar
    http://valarskitchen-basics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete