Monday, April 25, 2011

Mango Shrikhand for Yashi

Yashi did not like curd too much when it was first introduced to her. Then one day I set curd using cow's milk (this is the one she drinks). She really liked it! Mangoes have started coming in, the first ones in Bangalore are usually Raspuri and Badami. I got a couple of mangoes and used them to make mango shrikhand for her. This she doubly enjoyed :)

My recipe-

1 large bowl set curd (can use full cream milk)
1/4 Cup mango pulp (I used crushed fresh pulp, you can blend it too, I didn't)
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp Cardamom powder  (I skipped this, I don't like cardamom)

Directions-
Take a muslin cloth and hang for an hour or so. Transfer the curd into a bowl. Add sugar and mix, leave for some time. Add mango pulp (and cardamom powder). Chill before serving or enjoy JLT!

This is my entry for Healing Foods-Mango. (Just on time to post it!) Also check Siri's announcement page .

1 comment:

  1. Wow.. what a lovely yummy recipe. Glad that everyone enjoyed it. It looks delicious. Thanks for sending it for the event, Dear:) Beautiful blog ... keep posting some yummy recipes:) Glad to follow u.
    Reva
    www.kaarasaaram.com

    ReplyDelete