Friday, April 29, 2011

Topless Tart- It's lemony too!

I read about the monthly mingle events while blog hopping and chanced upon this event hosted by Cooksister.
I always wanted to make lemon tarts and then I read about this, and saw some lemons getting stale in the fridge. (Lemons are becoming increasingly expensive, now they are priced at Rs 5 each!! And Guavas at Rs 15!! )
And presenting before you is my topless lemon tart :o)

Recipe-

Ingredients-

For the crust-
1/2 pack of digestive biscuits crushed
1/2 cup butter at room temp

Mix the crushed biscuits and the butter well, press into a dish which is atleast 2 cms deep. Keep in the fridge.

Now let's make the filling-
1 egg
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest (I used orange zest)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter

Mix all these together in a saucepan. Put on stove on medium heat and keep stirring all the time till the mixture begins to thicken. At this stage, take it off and strain it, press what remains in the sieve on the crust and then pour the sieved liquid on top. (I didn't do this cos I didn't have the patience to :)) ) Keep in the fridge to set for an hour or so. Cut before serving.

This is going to the Topless Tarts event at Cooksister's, also check the official Monthly Mingle page.


My lemon tart looked like this. I couldn't get around to clicking a pic before it was eaten!


3 comments:

  1. flavourful looking dessert delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a yummy tart! no wonder it was cleaned off the plate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fresh lemon curd is always good - no wonder you finished it all so quickly.

    ReplyDelete