Friday, August 26, 2011

Baati

I chanced upon this recipe at a new blog I am following. Check here- Kichu Khonn

Recipe for Baatis-
Ingredients-
2 cups whole Wheat flour
2 tsps ajwain / carom seeds
Ghee / refined oil (I used home made white butter)
Water to knead

Method-
Mix all the ingredients and knead the dough, it should be firm. After applying a little ghee on palms, roll medium sized balls of the dough. Keep them on a baking tray which has been lined with oil / ghee.
Bake them at 150 deg for 55 mins. Turn them to get an even brown color. I doused them with more white butter and baked them for another 10 mins for extra crunchiness.

Serve with daal and veggie, with a generous serving of ghee / home-made butter I made mix veggie with nutrela.

To the last baati left, we added a generous dollop of butter and served it with jaggery (Churma!)

I am sending the churma to-

No comments:

Post a Comment